WebMarker is an Chrome extension to use TweetMarker with the twitter.com website.
TweetMarker is a service for syncing Twitter timelines over various clients. WebMarker is giving this support for the website, too.
It currently works with the main timeline and mentions. Lists and direct messages will be supported later.
When you open Twitter or refresh your open page you should see the app icon right in the omnibar. If it's colored, a click will scroll you down to the last marked tweet.
If it's gray it scrolls to bottom to let Twitter load more tweets until the marked tweet is found (for a maximum of 3 trys).
Current tweet reading position will be set if page is in idle, or tab is inactive, for at least 10 seconds.
If you have any questions or feature requests you can contact me via Twitter (@schoppi).
- uploading marker should now work more responsive
- bug with not marking retweets is fixed again
- uploading can now be triggered by pressing 'y', but is limited to 10 TweetMarker queries per minute to preserve TweetMarker server (let me know if this is too sparse for you)
- support for new and old twitter interface
- new marker style
- new jquery version
- now availiable in chrome webstore
- update for new twitter webinterface
- quick fix to work for updated twitter page
- basic error handling: now shows an explanation mark on top of the WebMarker icon, if theres a problem with the TweetMarker server
- autoupdate added
- retweet issue fixed
- scrolling fixed, sped up slightly
- internal rewrites, should now be less resource consuming
- included oauth keys
- and all I forgot to mention
- sometimes it marks more than one tweet, problem is found, working to fix this
I'm providing this software for free. But if you like it, I would be happy if you shout a drink for me. However, don't forget to donate to Riverfold Software for their great, free service, too.